Thursday, February 25, 2016

Bloodwork


I had blood drawn today, which I had been procrastinating about for a couple of weeks. My doctor's appointment is coming up soon so I couldn't put it off any longer. I guess when most people do bloodwork, they use rubbing alcohol to clean the skin. Well my sensitive skin gets an awful rash from that so they used to use iodine. Last time my favorite technician (who always remembers my sensitive skin and small veins that need a kid sized needle) told me they weren't using that anymore and he used something else. This time another technician was doing the bloodwork and I couldn't remember the name of the "new stuff". She went and got something with chlorhexidine in the name. Hopefully I don't get a rash. This time, they only needed two vials of blood instead of the usual four or five.

No comments:

Post a Comment