Sunday, March 20, 2016

Chocolate Pumpkin Bread


I modified this recipe to create a bread that was just a little healthier than the original. I made half the recipe since I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Here's what I did:
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 6 tbsp sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup milk with 1 tsp vinegar stirred in
So I ended up doubling the pumpkin, adding less sugar, eliminating the yogurt, adding more milk and adding more butter. I don't like chocolate chips or nuts but if you like those I'm sure it would taste great in the bread. Next time I would probably add a little more milk since the batter was a little stiff. If you prefer a sweeter bread you can add the correct/recommended amount of sugar. I baked the bread in mini loaf pans so the baking time was only about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment