Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Veggie Chili


I am quite happy that I found a way to eat more vegetables. My mom gave me the spice combinations to go with my vegetable combo.

Ingredients
  • 4 oz each of chopped frozen spinach, broccoli, green beans and onions
  • 8 oz ground beef, browned (if you want to make it vegetarian just skip this)
The rest looks like a long list of ingredients, but it's mostly spices which can be adjusted to your personal taste:
  • 4 oz tomato paste
  • 6 oz beer
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/8 tsp allspice
  • 1 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 4 tbsp chili powder (I like it mild)
  • 1/8 tsp curry powder
  • 1 tbsp italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp thyme
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1/3 tsp ground fennel
  • 1/2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp vinegar
  • 3/4 tsp cocoa
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • ground black pepper
I chopped up all the vegetables and threw all the ingredients into the crockpot and simmered for about 5 hours (half the time on high).

No comments:

Post a Comment